Educating Global Leaders
Ursuline Academy commits to educating global leaders focusing on the Ursuline mission which includes educating students for Christian living and leadership in a global society. By offering many unique opportunities to engage with people, ideas, and issues beyond the borders of our country, we foster a deep sense of social consciousness which instills greater levels of confidence, empathy, and humility in each of our students.Ursuline Academy is a member of the Global Network of Ursuline Schools representing more than 150 Ursuline schools throughout the world all founded on the principles of St. Angela Merici. This network provides an international sisterhood to all of our students.
In recent academic years Ursuline Academy St. Louis has engaged with students and teachers from the following Ursuline schools:
- Australia - St. Ursula’s College
- Brazil - Instituto Nossa Senhora Da Piedade
- England - Brentwood Ursuline Convent High School
- France - Blanche de Castille
- Indonesia - Santa Ursula
- South Africa - Brescia House School
- School-wide curriculum infused with global topics.
- Use of a research-based assessment to measure global competency and inform planning of the students’ academic choices.
- The Global Scholars distinction validates a student’s intentional pursuit of a global education and recognizes students who demonstrate a strong interest in global citizenship.
- Global Scholars successfully complete rigorous coursework with a global focus, engage in co-curriculars to foster global competencies, take part in global service opportunities and finish the program with a capstone presentation on a global topic.
- One of the first Ursuline schools to offer the Ursuline Global Scholars Program.
- Virtual interactions with students and teachers from sister schools around the globe on social, economic, and political topics as well as faith and social justice issues.
- Connections and virtual classroom activities with Ursuline Academy alumnae living throughout the world.
- Cultural exchange trips with sister schools and summer tours guided by Ursuline co-workers.
- Student-led activities designed to educate the student body and community on global issues impacting the local community, often in partnership with local cultural organizations.
- Community service opportunities with organizations addressing global concerns
- Clubs that offer a variety of cultural experiences - Chinese & Asian Culture Club and Cultural Cooking.
Partnerships with universities, businesses and civic organizations offer students the opportunity to experience professional gathering on global topics and gain insight into professional roles with a global fous.
I am so blessed to be a part of a school that has sister schools around the world, and even though we live in different countries, we still share the same Ursuline sisterhood.
I know that I will always remember this trip to Brazil and the people I spent it with. Trips like these are the perfect way to get out of your comfort zone and do something you never thought you would and really enjoy it. I hope I can be an example through this trip that even the most uncomfortable and scary situations can be some of the best.
This might sound crazy, but it is the absolute truth, the global education program at Ursuline Academy in St. Louis has changed my life.