Art Department Goals and Objectives
Overall Department Goals
- The art department will address all levels of Bloom’s taxonomy and encourage higher order thinking skills.
- The art department will encourage and respect the uniqueness and aesthetic vision of each student.
- Art teachers will focus on our roles as teachers/artists.
Objectives for Department Goals
- All art classes include critiques, evaluations, aesthetics and problem-solving processes.
- Using higher-order thinking skills, students will create many solutions to the same problem.
- Teachers model creative thinking process and involve students in creative endeavors.