Our Ursuline students often describe the bond they feel with their friends and classmates as a “sisterhood” where they feel comfortable and welcomed in the UA community. We think of our Ursuline community as a family, consisting of students, alumnae, parents, grandparents, faculty and staff, Board of Trustees members and friends. Together, our community builds a strong environment for our students to fully experience all Ursuline has to offer and graduate to succeed in college and beyond. We invite you to be an active part of the UA community!
Ursuline’s Advancement Office encompasses many areas geared towards advancing and promoting the goals and Mission of the Academy.
- Development: all fundraising efforts, including the Alumnae and Parent Annual Giving appeals, major gifts, capital campaigns, and planned giving efforts
- Alumnae Relations: communications, programs and events to engage and celebrate alumnae
- Publications and Marketing: promoting Ursuline via publications, media outlets, online community and the web, including the Ursuline magazine, the Parent Newsletter, the Annual Report and the UA Link (e-newsletter)
- Admissions: centralized student enrollment efforts
- Special events: blending fundraising, friend-raising and public relations efforts in events such as Fall Festival, the Buona Festa Auction and the Golf Classic
- Advancement services: database management and gift accounting practices
Thank you for visiting the Advancement section and we look forward to seeing you at an Ursuline event or hearing from you soon.
Mrs. Thelma Hartnett
Alumnae Relations Coordinator
Thelma Hartnett started teaching typing at Ursuline Academy in 1965. In 1966, she taught typing and shorthand, and in 1972, she started teaching consumer economics. She chaired the business department and taught consumer economics until 1992, when she joined the staff of the Advancement Office as the Director of Alumnae Relations.
Mrs. Katie Balek Kempf, ’01
Alumnae Relations and Special Events
Mrs. Kempf re-joined the Ursuline community in August 2007 and loves working with Thelma Hartnett in the Alumnae Office. She oversees the organization and planning of all Alumnae Events, including Alumnae Weekend, Trivia Night, Easter Egg Hunt, Breakfast with Santa, Alumnae Softball League among other events. She also coordinates the Annual Alumnae Appeal Campaign which provides tuition assistance to current UA students. She also assists Sue Quante with other Ursuline events such as Fall Festival and the Buena Festa Auction.
Mrs. Devin Hallahan Mueller ’98
Advancement Events Coordinator
Mrs. Jennie Picha
Advancement Events Coordinator
Ms. Tina Steck
Advancement Associate of Marketing and Publications
Since joining Ursuline Academy in August 2004, Ms. Steck has managed the Annual Giving Campaign for parents of current students, parents of alumnae, and grandparents. She publishes the monthly parent newsletter, the bi-annual URSULINE magazine, as well as the Annual Report. In addition, she is the administrator for UA’s online community and assists with marketing efforts.