Leadership for Diversity Team
PurposeThe Leadership for Diversity Team focuses on raising the awareness levels of the Ursuline community in the area of diversity. Through thought-provoking activities, discussions, speaker presentations, panels and interactions within Ursuline, with other high school and middle school students and with parents, the team focuses on understanding, appreciating and valuing differences and similarities.
Mrs. Patricia Harris, moderator contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Weekly – Wednesday at 7:10 a.m. to 7:55 a.m. in the board room. Team committee meetings are scheduled weekly by the committee chairs.
Activities throughout the year
- Four class diversity days: freshman (lookism), sophomore (sexism), junior (racism), senior (future)
- Monthly issue seminars
- Quarterly diversity newsletters
- Quarterly - Marian Middle School – “No Detention Celebration”
- Diversity sessions at parish elementary schools
- Parent diversity evening
- Active participation in Catholic Schools Harmony Project
- Annual host of High School Diversity Conference
- Three workshop days in summer
How to become a member
Applications are accepted, and the interview process occurs during the month of March.